Thursday, January 3, 2013

Harvest Pumpkin Soup

The other day I murdered a giant pumpkin and made some soup.  All I will say about it is that roasting a giant pumpkin and pureeing it can take an entire day (if you are easily distracted, which I am) and it is a lot of work.  And if I’m being really honest here, I should also tell you that my house was filled with a copious amount of smoke as that huge pumpkin roasted.   Like, call the fire department smoke.  But the resulting Harvest Pumpkin Soup was delicious (wasn’t sure if a regular pumpkin could make good soup- turns out it can).  The recipe for this soup is here (they don’t use a giant, regular pumpkin- they are obviously much wiser than I am). A giant pumpkin will make a ridiculous amount of pumpkin puree, fyi.  I have bag fulls of it frozen in the freezer.

I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that I have the time (and let’s face it- the desire) to make faces on pumpkins before I slaughter them. But it is what it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment! Please be respectful of others and no spamming!