Monday, January 7, 2013

Peanut Flour Pancakes

I was craving pancakes today.  I don't do white flour or sugar for the most part, so I made the pancakes up with peanut flour and a tad of stevia.  I did drizzle just a tad of real maple syrup on them.  Delish!

Peanut Flour Pancake Batter (makes two pancakes, or more small pancakes!)

1/4 c. peanut flour
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tb heavy cream (or other milk-like product of your choice)
dash of salt (optional)
dash of vanilla extract (optional)
dash of cinnamon (optional)
a small sprinkle of stevia or other sweetner of your choice (optional)

I unfortunately didn't take a photo of these before they were devoured, but they looked like regular pancakes, just darker (probably what whole wheat pancakes would look like).  You won't be fooled into thinking they are buttermilk pancakes, but they are still quite tasty.  The oddest part for me was the real maple syrup.  The regular ol' syrup most of America uses (and I used to use) is basically high fructose corn syrup, so getting used to the flavor of actual, factual maple syrup might take a bit of time.  The pancakes by themselves come in at about 7 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber for two pancakes- it's great if you are watching carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment! Please be respectful of others and no spamming!