Friday, January 4, 2013

Fleur (Matryoshka)- My Favorite Doll

Today I made Fleur, and she is oh-so-lovely.  I made her for my sister.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to keep her.  But I set out to make something adorable for my sister, so I am going to stick to that plan.  Hopefully Fleur will brighten her day, just like she (Fleur) has brightened mine!

Fleur

Isn't her face sweet?!

I love this little detail.


I really am in love with this doll.  I'll probably make myself one, too. Fleur is from the book We Make Dolls

I also made a doll last night.  I love the embroidery that I did on this one, but I don't particularly love how the face ended up.  No matter, live and learn!

The "other" doll.


I also practiced "free motion stitching" which was interesting, but difficult.  I think it will take me a bit to get the hang of that.  I was able to make some really cute loops, but I'd be pretty wary to try it on a real project at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment! Please be respectful of others and no spamming!