Monday, March 18, 2013

Free Vintage Images

Who doesn't love free art?

Memorial Day, May 30th
Example, found under the WPA Posters collection @ loc.gov/pictures.
"The chocolate soldier"
Another fun one from the WPA Posters collection.

Thanks to Martha Stewart Living, I now have a new amazing resource for art that I can print off my computer (they mention the website in their "Changeable Art" article in the April issue).  And the website belongs to the Library of Congress!  I never would have thought in a million years to look there.  But indeed- they have a huge online catalog of prints and pictures. You'll find a lot of good quality drawings, cartoons, photos, old baseball cards, etc.  Lots of wonderful, vintage stuff.  Some of them can't be viewed as a large image, but a whole lot of them can.  ENJOY!

Link: Library of Congress Images

If you happen to check it out, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the WPA posters. There's some seriously fabulous design in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, they are great! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete

Have something to say? Leave me a comment! Please be respectful of others and no spamming!